Module 3 : Adult Protection: The challenges of multi-agency working
This course is aimed at:
Those who also regularly attend child protection conferences and core groups and/or supervise or manage those who do, or lead organisations that do.
Course aims and objectives:
When you have done this learning, you will be able to
- Identify and manage common impediments to partnership working
- Understand and respect multi agency difference and manage conflict.
- Understand the multi-dimensional nature of risk, including issues impacting on parenting, such as substance misuse, Domestic Violence and adult mental health.
- Recognise and respond to drift and delay and non-compliance and develop professional alertness to risk while working in partnership with parents.
- Recognise how you interact with these elements and use supervision effectively.
- Seek and provide challenge with partners.
- Support staff to use the LSCB escalation procedures
- Engage partners to enable sound judgement based on all evidence, including recent evidence and challenge inability to consider new evidence.
Course Duration:1 day
Please note, you must be able to attend the whole programme. Missing part of the training will mean that your partial attendance will not be counted as having completed this training and you will not receive certification.
Applicants must have completed Foundation (Agency specific, in-house) safeguarding training.
To book a place on LSCB training:
LSCB Training Book